Sunday, June 3, 2007

Simply Saturday

I had a really nice evening but I did not venture to Brooklyn as was my original plan. I met up with an old friend and went to a nice Macrobiotic restaurant Soen. It’s nice to see old friends, see how you’ve changed or haven’t changed and vice versa. This is/was a friend whom I particularly respect, not that I keep around ones that I don’t but, we were always able to have healthy, interesting discussions or arguments. I love to be around intelligent people who can carry a conversation, exchange ideas, have an opinion and yet still allow room for you to have yours. Also I like to be around people who have the capacity to talk about more than one subject. I mean I love acting and movies and all that but you know there is a lot more going on out there than just that. I mean I need a well rounded life and circle of friends.

So I also really wanted to get to Brooklyn to see my friend play but alas all the ships had sailed and I could not make it to the land of Brooklyn. Actually I am a bit of a Manhattan bound girl. It’s terrible but true. I rarely “do” the outer borough’s. Except some years back when I was dating someone who lived in Williamsburg. I was crazy about him and crazy in love and well that was enough of a reason to go to Brooklyn. Unfortunately we were both crazy together but that is another story and will not be told here. When my friends move to the boroughs I tell them I love them and I will miss them. To take care and don’t forget to write. I may make it out for one visit but that’ll probably be the last of it and that it was good knowing them. I think it’s a real phenom of the city. For example if you live on the west side it’s a real pain in the “bleep” to get to the East side and oh forget it if you live on East End or York (which I did for a very brief period) you are actually better off living in Queens. It is actually easier to get to. But I digress.

I was actually going to kill two birds with one stone, my friend I went to dinner with lives in Brooklyn so I was going to venture in, have dinner and see my other friend play…I’m terrible. I was trying to get in all my Brooklyn excursions in one fell swoop. Phooey I have exposed my intentions and now I almost feel bad. I don’t feel too bad because this aspect of me is not one that I have ever hid. I am a born and raised New Yorker on the Isle of Manhattan kind of gal. I was born at Beth Israel Medical Center and raised for the most part in Manhattan. Don’t get me wrong there are beautiful and historical parts of Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island and The Bronx and I don’t necessarily mind visiting upon occasion it’s just very rare. Mostly the getting back to the city that’s the issue not the going, especially if it’s a night time excursion. I just don’t do public transport past a certain hour anymore. One, because I no longer believe I am invincible and two, because I can’t deal with … I just can’t deal. Also it becomes a fortune in cabs which for some reason I didn’t used to care about but now I rather not. Anyhoo, I gotta go to sleep I’ve been writing to you and interlocuting on IM with my Papa in Tanzania and it’s time to put this day to sleep. Ciao.

No comments:

Personal blogs Top Blogs More blogs about {URL}.
Add to Technorati Favorites