Saturday, June 2, 2007

Webster Hall?

So I just got back home from seeing my co-star, Concepta, perform at Webster Hall, a club downtown on East 11th street. She sang some of her songs from her new album. She was wonderful. Really has a strong voice. She plays Joanna in the TV show I’m in called “Tempting Joanna”, I play her Guardian Angel Carnice and her evil twin sister Carmen the Dark Angel. I can’t actually make her do anything bad or good I make suggestions and try to encourage her toward right or wrong, depending on whether I’m Carnice or Carmen, respectively. Its fun playing archetypes, mythical creatures there are no boundaries or specific ways I have to be. I enjoy it.

What I did not enjoy, outside of the performance, was Webster Hall. I had never been before because I had long suspected that it was not my kind of place or scene. Lo and behold it was not. I have confirmed that and I feel my life is now complete. I really prefer to be around a different caliber of people and that’s that. I really love to dance and enjoy good music and company. It’s very important that the DJ be good and that the crowd is fun, upscale and not outwardly trolling for this evening’s bed partner. The vibe of desperation is so very yucky in a club. I am under the impression that I’m not much of a club girl anymore. I like lounges and some clubs, but I got to have good music otherwise I can’t justify killing my feet. I only went tonight see my colleague, I firmly believe in supporting my fellow artists. Also I believe my Gucci shoes needed a night out on the town. I feel they would have liked another venue but it was good to let them out.

So I don't have anymore witticisms or other interesting things to talk about so I will sign off. Here's to hoping more fun will be had tomorrow. I am going to see my friends band Heekin play tomorrow in Brooklyn. I am getting my passport together and preparing for my voyage as I seek to briefly leave the isle of Manhattan for a visit to one of the outer borough's. Ciao.

No comments:

Personal blogs Top Blogs More blogs about {URL}.
Add to Technorati Favorites