Monday, May 28, 2007

Hot and Humid!!

It’s HOT. That’s really all I have to say. Lies. I have ton to say but I’m censoring myself, partially in the interest of propriety and also because I am trying desperately not to bad mouth anyone. Perhaps that is the same thing? Hmmm…you know blame, etc you know the adage you point one finger and there are three pointing back at you. So I will hold my tongue and merely say it’s been an interesting couple of days.

As I said it's HOT!! Not so much outside but in my apartment if you don’t have the air conditioner on and I don’t because I haven’t put it in yet! There’s no air circulation. So I’ve had rehearsal the last two days. It’s been in the director’s apartment in Queens, several of us in an apartment near the 7 train ( actually practically under it) and again no air conditioner or fan, are you noticing a pattern here? We’re saving a few hundred dollars doing it that way and for that I’m grateful but whew. I gotta tell you I am ready to move to the next level. I know its coming and I have confidence in that. The truth of it is right now I’m just really happy to be doing good work. When you’re hot (again as in humid) and working under interesting conditions it’s just really important to stay grateful. It’s wonderful to know what your passion is and be in the pursuit of your dreams. I have to say that is the saving grace of some days, weeks, entire projects. The fact that I rather be “unhappy” doing what I’m doing than anything else is key. There’s an underlying joy, deep joy underneath even the bad days. I feel the need to point out I'm not unhappy per se...just having moments.

So anyway that’s been my weekend in the city, that and training my clients. I’m also a personal trainer; I don’t think I’ve shared that yet. So I trained clients, rehearsed, learned lines and perspired. That was my Memorial Day Weekend. I have to say if this is how it’s gonna go for the summer. I gotta get outta here. Yes all that must be said like a New Yawker. I actually do not speak that way but it’s fun to sometimes. I am very seriously considering moving to LA this summer. I feel it’s time and like I said earlier I’m ready to take it to the next level. Ok the truth is I am moving to LA but my mother is not keen on it (you know apron strings etc) so I am pretending that there is a possibility that I won’t. And yes I know that she’ll probably read this Damn it!! But I’m hoping she’ll be mildly amused… and convince herself that I’m not going. The former does not presuppose the latter. Anyhoo I know it gets hot out there in LA it’s just different than New York summer heat. Its mean, New York summer heat that is, real mean and uncomfortable and dirty. Subways ooh that another blog topic and we haven’t gotten there in temperature yet so we’ll save that rant for later.

One very interesting note (to me at least) is that everyone in the cast is suffering from insomnia. I know I am. I didn’t write/post last night because I got into bed around 9pm. I was exhausted but did not go to sleep until after 4:30am! Good times huh? I want to say it's the heat and I suppose it is but I know there’s something else lurking beneath the surface. Hmmm…I wonder what it is. Well I’m gonna pretend to go to sleep now. Oh yeah my show goes up on Thursday! I’ll keep you tuned in as the jitters start up or whatever I’ll be feeling as it draws near. Ciao.

No comments:

Personal blogs Top Blogs More blogs about {URL}.
Add to Technorati Favorites