Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Joy!!

I’m really having a joyous day. It’s had its ups and downs. I mean I went to sleep last night at 2:30 or something like that. I last remember 2 something and then I was up at 5:45…because I have clients early in the morning. I love them and they’re great but I am never happy to wake up that early. It’s just not for me unless of course I’m going to a film set and then I’m really grateful that I’m used to waking up that early. Of course the lack of sleep makes it worse but still I’m not really a morning person. Actually I never was, when I was a little girl I would stay up reading by the sliver of light from my door (and now we know why I wear contacts). I woke up every morning standing up because my mom would grab my feet and swing me up into a standing position. Poor lady, I laugh thinking about what it was like having a houseful of late sleepers. If she left the room I would crawl right back into bed or rather fall back into bed and sleep. So, let’s get back to this particular day.

So the day started a little too early for me and for some reason I decided to start my opening day jitters two days in advance. So I walked through the park to our final rehearsal and walked through the queasiness. Yes queasiness! But then we proceeded to have a great rehearsal and as they say in the biz we got a show kids! So we go up on Thursday at 4pm and then 8pm at Theatre Row. So far we are only guaranteed those two shows and then if we make it to the next rounds we go up again. The Wonderland One-Act Festival has four rounds and I’m hoping we make it to the end! I am highly competitive, but I’m happy no matter what …because it came together! Yahoo!

It seems to be like that with plays and films I guess, but with a play you don’t have the editing room to fix the things that may have gone wrong. With a play you have to make sure you know the cues, where you’re supposed to be i.e. marks, the lines/scenes before yours etc…And if any of that goes awry you better know what your characters intentions are and hope your fellow actor is game because here goes the rollercoaster whee! So it feels like its come together and I’m really joyous about it. So come what may but two of the roles we hadn’t cast until a week and a half ago. Let me tell you from a producing standpoint that is harrowing! On top of that I’m in it so you know sometimes I just want to focus on learning my lines and not whether we’re going to hell in a handbasket. But let me just say one more time I’m really joyous! I love acting, I love producing and I love writing so …Heck yeah JOY!!! Is word of the day.

No comments:

Personal blogs Top Blogs More blogs about {URL}.
Add to Technorati Favorites