Friday, June 8, 2007

Dancing Machine!

Ha! I am amused by my own title, I guess as long as I'm amused...So I just came back from an audition for Escada for a commercial for their scent. Whew that felt like a mouthful. Anyway the breakdown was for featured party goers. So.. they call the waiting room full of us hopefuls, which at this moment was 13 and we all pile into this room. We're asked to ...now wait for it....Dance! On the spot in front of people you don't know, haven't met. Ah show biz. So it was like having a mini party in the middle of the afternoon. Everyone was dressed up, they played music, thank God! Sometimes on sets they don't play music and you have to dance anyway. It's hilarious in New York, actors and models are always carrying huge bags with a change of clothes because you can imagine we don't have cars to jump in and you can't wear down the street midday what you would wear at a club! Well you can but then you're setting yourself up for harassment big time!
So how did I do? I truly push all thoughts of my performance out of my head after I leave an audition. For one you could truly drive yourself crazy, two is, if the job is yours it's yours and that is that. But I did feel silly and I know I can dance and I'm not sure I represented that but.. I'm not the casting director and my part of the job is done until and unless they call me back. It would be awesome to get the gig though, they're shooting in a mansion in the Hamptons holla! It's weird because in this business you have to want it and want it bad but you also have to be able to detach yourself. It feels like a metaphor for life. Work towards something or everything you want but let go of the outcome. Ah some of my schoolings on Meister Eckhart are coming back to me. Yep but truly find the Joy in the detachment and the possibility. I mean what other job do you get to simulate a dance party in the middle of the day?! That's what I'm talking about!

No comments:

Personal blogs Top Blogs More blogs about {URL}.
Add to Technorati Favorites