Sunday, June 24, 2007

Swirling Pink Elephants

Whew! What a weekend! I had so much fun and rest and relaxation while never really "resting" for any long period of time. There was just a wonderful relaxed pace to the days. Saturday was a blast obviously if I'm only get beck to you now. We went to the Love Heals benefit at Luna Farm it was very fun. The event was tented, thank goodness as it really cool that night the outdoor tables were not used very much except perhaps by the people who wore pants or maxi dresses. but the night was beautiful nonetheless. There were about 6 of us gals all decked out and beautiful (if I do say so myself) it was quite a site to see as we are all very different looking, it was a veritable potpourri of ladies.

It was a BBQ style event so hot dogs, burgers, ribs and pulled pork were some of the staples. I have to say I saw and ate more than my share of hot dogs this weekend. In fact I have had more hot dogs this weekend than I've had in 8 years when I swore them off because they make me ill, except if I go to a baseball game where they still make me sick but I mean you have hafta have a dog at the game! I mean come on, healthy eating or not, right is right. So back to the event, the DJ was hopping and we were dancing up a storm when we weren't making laps around the tent and even then we were still dancing. We left around 10:30 for one what would be 4 stops for the night. As we left they were handing Scoop bags with goodies inside, Scoop was one of the sponsors for the Love Heals benefit.

As our night continued we went to a house party where one of the treats included watermelon shots and brownies (not necessarily together although I suppose you could if you are so inclined) and general fun around the pool. Absolutely gorgeous night, although when not sandwiched between the handsome men surrounding us it was definitely chilly. From there it was time to continue shaking our groove thang at Pink Elephants. The ladies I was rolling with had juice at the door and we were let right in and given bracelets for the VIP room. We joined up with some of the people we had met earlier in the night and the music was hot. I definitely was wearing more alcohol on me than in me but that was fine, everyone was having fun and dancing on the tables on the banquets, it was definitely the place to be! We finally went home around 5 am and around 11am it was time to greet the pool and continue working on my tan.

Some of the people had the house had gone to other parties or had shish kabob and vino etc at the house and then went out. Everyone was in great spirits even though it was Sunday and the weekend was drawing to a close. I met such great people at the house and out and about. My last stop was seeing the sunset at Sunset beach our friends from the night before had a table when we got there so I sipped Pellegrino (tanning makes you parched) and had some delicious Striped Bass while others had a lovely blush wine and a variety of mussels, ceviche and other delicacies. Many of the people from the night before were also taking in the sunset and stopping by saying hello. All in all in it was a beautiful weekend. I got really clear on some changes I want to make to my lifestyle i.e. all work and no play makes Lise a very dull girl, all work and no play makes...I think you get my drift through the creepy "The Shining" reference. So here's to the Hampton's I get now the beauty and deliciousness of having respite from the city so nearby. Hopefully the first of many beautiful weekends to come before Safari Afrika Ya! Ciao.

No comments:

Personal blogs Top Blogs More blogs about {URL}.
Add to Technorati Favorites