Friday, June 29, 2007

Reflexions

I want the word reflexion to be a reflection of how we can mean the same thing but propose it different ways, spell it, spew it, mold and bend, refract and reflect it back to one another. I am not feeling 100%, got sniffles and grogginess overtaking me. I'm feeling a touch melancholy but I'm not entirely sure why. It could just be because my body is powering down to deal with my lack of wellbeing. I did get my workout in today, ran and lifted weights for a total of an hour an a half. I like to think the run did me good and the sweating. I didn't work out yesterday. I shoot for working out everyday so I can cut myself some slack, shoot for 7 days get 5 or 6. It works for me.

Anyway, I was thinking about how we reflect back to each other. Or do we? Is what you see in another a reflection of yourself? Or who you were or can be? I believe we draw people to us because we have lessons to teach each other. I also believe we draw in others to become grateful for what we have. To see the grass is indeed not greener. Or even if it still appears to be greener it comes with it's own host of bugs and weeds and growing cycles and periods of harvest and times of fallow. I've been trying to listen to people and pick through what they tell me and what they really mean. When one is making I am statements, I am this way, I am that way are they trying to edify you or themselves? Are they trying to gain clarity or give clarity? So I turn it on me as always. When I tell someone about myself using I am statements how much of it is just clarification to me? And is it even really us or our version of ourself we are trying to project? The version we think is fun or palatable or what? It's all a version of ourselves. A snapshot.

I looked up reflexion and the dictionary says: reflexion - the phenomenon of a propagating wave (light or sound) being thrown back from a surface. So are we telling a story of ourselves and seeing if we like the way it looks when we tell it? And when it bounces back to us has it not changed through the lens of the person, the "surface" we have sent it out to? I suppose this could be just philosophical garbage but I am wondering about it. Sometimes it sounds as if someone is trying to form themselves by what they tell you. It may not be true yet but they're hoping that it will be when it gets refracted back to them. It will change and the version they told you will become the version they can now see. Perhaps through the lens of your eyes. I don't know. I'm just pondering. I'll probably check back in tonight.

No comments:

Personal blogs Top Blogs More blogs about {URL}.
Add to Technorati Favorites