Thursday, June 28, 2007

Hot Town, Summer in the City

This my dear friends is just the beginning of the summer. Even though memorial day is the unofficial start of the summer and all that jazz. Sumer really only began last Thursday. Apparently the sun got the notice and I am afraid I may not make it....On top of all of that I've got the hot humidity outside/ frigid air conditioning inside (god bless it I am not complaining!) sniffles It is, to use a fairly unimaginative word but I think quite apt, absolutely disgusting outside. I stopped to talk to a friend outside, after buying some ice cream, shrimp and hot sauce, not for the same meal but sounds interesting doesn't it?

So I was talking to my friend, with whom I almost did a play, he had a conflicting schedule unfortunately but I do want to work with him in the future. Anyway and I was dripping sweat off my nose that was accumulating around my sunglasses!! Sexy huh!?! But the real tragedy was my Ice Cream was melting! That is an egregious crime I kid you not. Notice the Ice Cream is capitalized. I am very serious about my Ice Cream, I feel very strongly about it, I think God did a good thing in creating ice Cream and I believe in it with all my heart. I have very serious rules surrounding it and it's consistency and what is appropriate regarding Ice Cream etc. I will not tolerate any badmouthing of Ice Cream and I understand some people are lactose intolerant etc and eat frozen yogurt, or soy or rice based frozen dairy desserts and I feel for you. But it is not Ice Cream which a very important and lovely food group. I think I have made myself clear and that is all.

So I am trying to picture the rest of the summer if this is our introduction and as I said before I don't think I'm going to make it. I'm already hiding out indoors and oh my God the subways I just can't. I don't care if it takes me twice as long to get anywhere I am taking the bus, it's just too gross to go down there and when you emerge you look like hell. You it makes you want to carry a towel with you (and some people do) but mostly though it just makes you mad. It's hard to be nice and congenial when you're dripping sweat with thousands of other people. Hmm yummy. I am done with the imagery. I am going to take my sniffling self to my air conditioned bedroom where I can watch my sitcoms and eat my Ice Cream with great joy. Let's hope for a break in the heat and this is the woman going to Africa in August?! I used to think I was a bright girl...

No comments:

Personal blogs Top Blogs More blogs about {URL}.
Add to Technorati Favorites