Monday, June 18, 2007

Yeah Baby Yeah!

Blessedly my Monday morning client had to cancel and I got to sleep in! I felt a little bad because she had a vicious leak in her apartment and later I confessed I may have been the cause. When I woke up around 5 am I put it out there that I would love to sleep in. During the year and really most of the time I have a steadfast rule about clients on Monday Morning before 10am. Simply it's because ostensibly I have 4 careers going and I work 7 days a week so I refuse to join the Monday morning rat race. It's also because people are really unpleasant in the morning on the train but especially on Mondays. But really it's just that I love to stage a sleep in and Mondays are that day for me.

Anyhoo she canceled on me around 7 am via text message, have I mentioned yet how much I love the text message? Let's just say that commercial where the father says to his kids after they create a big banner for his birthday, ignoring the banner, "nothing says it like a text message"? I am so there. Communication without contact? I am all over that! Especially at 7am when I can look, respond and get back to the very serious business of sleeping. Communication when there is no possibility of contact? It's so great! I text message with my Father in Tanzania all the time it's awesome. I mean you are not always near a computer for IMing and emails are great for what they're great for but when you want to tell someone you love them or hey I'm thinking about you but I'm busy? Or you have to communicate with someone but can't really talk? Texting is where it's at.

I text with my Mom all the time when she's not too busy for me. This woman makes the most industrious person seem lazy and lacking in a social life. She barely has time to communicate with me so again texting is helpful. And yes if it sounds that I am a little bitter about it, I mean people, I'm the one she says I gotta take this to most of the time on the phone, I mean come on I'm your child if the sun doesn't rise and set on me with you....then sheesh. (Now I must say I'm kidding if I don't put in a disclaimer I will hear about it and I am teasing her because it's so easy!) So the diatribe was about my love of the text message not a means with which to harass my Mother, shoot I do a lot of my scheduling clients via text! Ok enough about the freaking texts.

Luckily we were able to reschedule for later in the day and when I reawoke ( I know the word doesn't exist I am just running amok with the re's) around 10am I realized my deep desire to sleep in, which I have not been able to do for awhile, may have spontaneously started a leak in her ceiling in her apartment not unlike that movie Firestarter but with water not fire and... You may not be as amused as I am. Hmmm so my delusions of grandeur ( and apparently telekinetic powers) led down that a path of thinking and I shared my theory with her during our session and although she did not entirely dismiss the idea she felt it may also have had something to do with the history of leaks in the apartment. So that's where we stand with that. Either way I got to sleep in baby yeah! Wow it sure took a long time to tell that story.

So in other entirely unrelated news, I got invited to the Hampton's this weekend, a friend of mine has a share and I am not obligated to anything this weekend so I can go! Yeah baby I am absolutely overdue for some rest and relaxation! So its in Wainscott and the house is supposed to be quite nice, we'll meet up with some of her friends who are out there this weekend in East Hampton and.... I am already smiling! Alright tomorrow is a very early day so I will take my leave of you. Ciao.

No comments:

Personal blogs Top Blogs More blogs about {URL}.
Add to Technorati Favorites