Friday, June 22, 2007

Mellow Yellow

I've had a wonderfully slow day. I slept over my friend's house last night, we were too tired to drive last night and the roads are not well marked leading to the house. So we got up early today and through our slow meandering we got to the house around 11:30 only to find 12 kids still here from the night before! Apparently these kids had their prom the night before and rented the house for the evening. Well needles to say we were very happy we didn't arrive last night! Can you imagine?! So it's good to listen to your intuition or just trust that whatever setbacks you face are there for a reason. Luckily I'm pretty laidback and my friend is too so we were by no means rushing but we were approx 12 hours behind our "schedule" and thank God! I really wouldn't have wanted to start my weekend off partying with some 20 odd 16 and 17 years old, thank you but I'll pass!

So we hit the pool around noon and started our tanning extravaganza, by the by, everything is an extravaganza when you haven't had a vacation in over a year. I was trying to start evening out the interesting walking around the city tan lines I have incurred in the last few weeks. We tanned topless for a little while before some our house mates showed up. At one point it did seem all the support staff was nearby either cutting the grass, cleaning the pool or checking the jacuzzi hmmm...I wonder if we were the cause of that? Anyway we had a very mellow day. People showed up intermittently throughout the day and everyone is very cool. We're cooking dinner and we may or may not go out tonight. It rained at one point although it was gorgeously sunny most of the day and I took that as an opportunity to take a nap. Ah the luxury of a nap not taken for the purpose getting through work for the rest of the day. I am gloriously content.

So I'll get back to you I must eat and join my house mates. I'll let you know about the happenings later if we go out 'till then ciao.

No comments:

Personal blogs Top Blogs More blogs about {URL}.
Add to Technorati Favorites