Sunday, July 1, 2007

Mosquitoe Madness

Finally feeling better. The sniffles have subsided and although I slept for 11 hours!! I feel like I am back on track. I missed out on a roof top birthday party yesterday for one of the girls I met in the Hampton's. I almost went out anyway but homey don't play that any more. I have to take care of myself first and foremost otherwise what kind of message am I sending to myself or the universe? That's how I see it anyway. My first commitment has to be to me and my health and well being. I felt melancholy about it though last night was a beautiful night from what I could gather from my post in bed with the remote in hand. Also it was a full moon and I love the full moon although I definitely get affected.

So anyway, unwell or not got some weight training in yesterday but skipped the running. I'm trying to build my cardiovascular health and stamina but not to worry you will (probably) never see me run a marathon for many reasons. Although I am aware what an achievement it is and the commitment it takes, I think it is so bad for your body and should only be administered, doled out as a form of punishment for misdeeds not something you choose to do. It's my feeling about it but I do have a lot of respect for people who do it, God bless them and their knees.

I have a lot to do this week in terms of getting a visa for my trip to Africa and vaccinations and pills for malaria. Honestly I am terrified of the mosquito situation I am told as a child I was once taken to the hospital for a reaction to too many mosquito bites. I am, apparently, a very tasty meal for mosquitoes. When I went to the Bahama's some years ago I had counted 14 bites on just my left forearm alone. The problem is I have no restraint when it comes to scratching the itchy remnants of their feast upon my flesh and then they balloon to the size of walnuts, the bites that is. As attractive as you can imagine that is to look at, the worst part is I look like some rabid dog with serious fleas just scratching and scratching away my flesh and then I have scars. The End. Wasn't that a nice story?

So I am having intense fear about the mosquitoes and I now will have to discuss the amount of Deet I will bringing with me and bathing in. Which brings me to the potential poisoning that will occur from having copious amount of Deet seeping in through my pores and possibly changing my DNA which if it makes me an unsavory meal for my treacherous flying friends I am all for it! But more likely i will probably just lead to discoloration of skin and various other health problems and... Whoa not cool I just looked up Deet poisoning and it is very real thing and they say people have had their DNA changed!!! Damnit! (Deet article) I am really sensitive to pollutants and my skin is sensitive and apparently according to this article my only recourse will be to become a large welt. I also am not particularly keen on taking pills and doesn't taking Malaria pills mean they give you a dosing of Malaria?! Alright I think I have had enough of thinking about this about working myself up. I have to talk to a doctor and I also need to do some research on homeopathic remedies, topical and otherwise etc. Okay I will take my leave of you now on this note as I see the mosquito that took it's toll on me last night circling. Ugh.

No comments:

Personal blogs Top Blogs More blogs about {URL}.
Add to Technorati Favorites