Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Random Thoughts

So for a moment there I had a feature called Beautiful thoughts it would have quotes from a wonderful book I’m slowly reading called “A course in Miracles.” It is an intense book and although I usually read quite fast this book is for pondering. Anyway I had to remove it because I kept thinking of this old SNL skit called “Deep Thoughts” it was just hilarious and it would be random and slightly messed up things e.g. “One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh no," I said, "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late." Or “"Many people never stop to realize that a tree is a living thing, not that different from a tall, leafy dog that has roots and is very quiet." (These are direct quotes from the segment “Deep Thoughts” by Jack Handy) That was the stuff Deep Thoughts would pull, it was very funny and silly. But every time I’d put up a quote I’d have deep thoughts going through my head so… I couldn’t take my own segment seriously so I axed it.

Have I mentioned yet how Ipod has changed my life? I am not jesting here, it really has. I love that I can download podcasts and listen to them as I walk along the Hudson Parkway Park or anywhere for that matter. I listen to programs on Hay House radio, motivational programs and I can watch movies on my Ipod!!! Of course the ability to transfer my cd’s onto the computer and then onto the pod well, revolutionary is the only way to describe it. Now I’m obsessed with playing solitaire while I listen to music. So when I’m bored I can check out oh and I can also store pictures on it. A portable photo album! Yep it’s changed my life. I’m not sure there is more to say on the matter. Maybe I’ll write an Ode to a Grecian Ipod or something of that sort. Hmmm…probably not the best use of my time.

I really wanted to title this post Random Ramblings but I promised no more alliteration at least for a little while I don't want to get stuck on it. But perhaps I like alliteration I think we all do to one extent or another. It feels good on the tongue to say Suffering succotash or devilish denigrates or rather denigrating devils, I think you know what I mean. Anyway, I'm in the middle of making some big decisions about my life( aren't we always?) and it's daunting and exciting. Just knowing you got choices is awesome. So I stayed true to the title eh? One random thought after another. Anyhoo I'll keep you posted. Ciao.


No comments:

Personal blogs Top Blogs More blogs about {URL}.
Add to Technorati Favorites