Friday, June 15, 2007

Reflections

So I went to the screening of my TV show "Tempting Joanna" tonight. It was really fun and exciting. They're actually holding us in suspense, they showed us snippets of episodes and behind the scenes footage. We'll all have to wait until next Wednesday June 20th to see it on channel 56 at 6pm. So I'm waiting!

I had a lovely day I worked all morning and then I made a picnic for my Aunt and we met near the MET (ha good times pun intended!). We had a grand time I really enjoy her company. It's like going out with a girlfriend but one who's known you all your life and really loves you no matter what! So we chatted and went to the museum. We were giggling, not at the paintings or exhibits but we amuse each other, and we were getting dirty looks from the fuddy duddies who think the museum is a library. One of the many reasons we really enjoy each other is we're both really independent and enjoy our own company, in addition to each other.

This is a wonderful trait in a friend or person. I really need my space and get very off kilter when I have not had sufficient me time, to create, to veg, to plan and plot my life and pamper myself. As an actress and a writer I need space and time to explore my character, walk in her shoes or go deep within to discover what I want to write about and feel safe to express myself. This is all in addition to working on the work in progress that is Lise! My life, my story, my personal legend as Santiago does in "The Alchemist". I reread that book every few years because I love the concept that sometimes we have to travel all over to realize no else is holding our treasure, no else holds the key to our good fortune, the door is not elsewhere, it is within and it was within us all the time but we needed to "travel" to unravel it (yes I am aware of the rhyming and I couldn't help myself). I have gotten very clear on that recently that no one else is the creator of my good fortune or possibilities. I work hard, love hard, give graciously and have traveled and earned and am earning or learning and creating my legend, my story so to speak. I am not an Island nor is anyone else but I am whole and complete, everything I need in this moment and every moment. It's funny I passionately teach that to all that come close to me when that is what I need to most learn.

I do feel my home in particular is an oasis for me, my island. It is sort of a place where I can travel the interior of my heart, of my soul and discover what is true for me. That and going to the museum by myself, MOMA or the MET in particular. I love to see what other artists have created while I wonder what struggles they endured to express themselves, to be heard, regarded, respected, treated with kindness and valued for their craft, for their ideas, for their heart and passion. I really strive for balance in my life and my home because as a high energy, very creative and empathetic person, I need to counteract that with down time, just me, my cats and scrubs (or some other comedy sitcom, I am a comedy sitcom junkie). There's something about going through a range of emotions and trials and... whoosh 30 minutes later it's resolved! There a moral to the story and summation of life, perhaps a truism and bam see you next week. Yeah I know another non-sequitor in my free style form of writing or as my father put it quite well, I felt, free disassociation, reflective of the mind's jumping from idea to topic to picture (direct quote from Papa).

Anyway I love my Aunt, she like me, really loves taking care of people and being social but also really values her me time and values being valued! The most important relationship you'll ever have is the one with yourself. I have discovered that one of the most important things to me right now is to feel respected and enjoy my time with myself. I think people in New York need more time alone, maybe its just me, but I think it has to do with constantly being bombarded with people the minute you step out your door and all their go-go-go energy. Also all my work, training, writing, acting and producing requires me to give a lot of myself from the heart and I need to replenish and fill the well so to speak. It seems this where I am in my journey through life and I love the lessons I'm learning and I am grateful for the gift of players that have joined me in this segment of lessons, to teach and be taught. I am blessed to have family and good friends I love and whose company I enjoy and to be doing what I love! So anyway I have an audition tomorrow I need to prepare for and gosh the next few days are jam packed with friends in town, events and shoot not much time for me... I guess that's where that tangent came from earlier (one of many tangents...who am I kidding!?!). I have some projects hanging in the balance and I'm waiting for the pieces to fall together... I will keep you updated. Ciao.

No comments:

Personal blogs Top Blogs More blogs about {URL}.
Add to Technorati Favorites