Friday, June 15, 2007

Mmmm Mmmm Good!

I just had the most amazing meal! I may have to change my favorite restaurant in New York from Blue Ribbon to Blue Grill ( not Blue Water Grill although a nice restaurant, does it seem to you I go to/like restaurants with the word blue in the name hmmm....). Fantastic, superb. The food, the service and of course the company. A former client of mine and very much my friend took me out to dinner and it was great. I would always look forward to our sessions as we are of the same tribe. Luckily even though I am no longer training her at Columbia we have remained friends.
So it was lovely I have to say their food is divine it seems they serve food from their farm upstate and from other local farmers. It's seasonal and very fresh. I, we chose the tasting menu which from my understanding two or more people have to choose in order to have it but I may be incorrect. The tasting menu changes frequently. This particular menu had Halibut, wild striped bass and Berkshire pork and steamed cheesecake (yes steamed) for dessert with a rhubarb marmalade of top served in these quaint little jars that one would normally preserve peaches in or what have you. I think I just like to say rhubarb, rhubarb it's kinda fun in your mouth as was this cheesecake and frankly the entire meal!The presentation was lovely and I could go on...I will definitely be going back.
So I am finalizing my trip to Tanzania to visit my Father and my younger siblings...that I have never met. Wow that's a bomb to lay on ya huh?!? I will go further into the exciting trip ahead, where I will witness small children of which I am related, the great rift, Ngorongoro crater and Mt. Kilimanjaro and Olduvai Gorge and a variety of large cats; lions and tigers and bears oh my! I am so very excited...however we will discuss this in the future because I have finally admitted to myself that I need 8-9 hours of sleep per night and I usually average around 3-4! Causing me to require naps midday which I chastise myself for and then I can't go to sleep...on top of which I am actually a night owl, and the cycle perpetuates itself. I am usually very sleepy around 9 and 10 but I can't bring myself to go to sleep that early and once it hits midnight I am up and raring to go! Its the years of working in the restaurant business, bartending. So although I am very much awake right now. My body has had it and I am no longer fighting my need for ample sleep. So pleasant dreams! Ciao!

No comments:

Personal blogs Top Blogs More blogs about {URL}.
Add to Technorati Favorites