Sunday, July 8, 2007

Movie Mania

Watching movies, making movies!? Fun fun Fun! I have seen two amazing movies, 3 really. Pursuit of Happyness, Black Snake Moan and Volver. I was totally blown away with each one by the level of commitment each had shining through it. And the stories whether they were true or were parables, and even the true story told like a parable, they were so moving. The acting the directors... hello Pedro Almodovar, it would be worth it to learn Spanish just to be dream of the possibility of working with him. The man loves women! His female characters are so rich and complex, they are not 2 dimensional in any way. You feel the love exuding from his characters and his film.

Then of course the Pursuit of Happyness come on? How do you not love it? A man triumphing over circumstance and driven by the love for his child?! I really can't tell what that does for my heart. It reaches into my gut and floods my soul, but especially, especially because he sought to break the chain. That spoke to me the most. I have said since I was a little girl I am going to break the chain of pain in my family, through the generations of women. I am choosing not to get into it here, not yet, not now. But I will have to suffice it to say it resonated with me, deeply. And on top of all that thew director an Italian director, Gabriele Muccino, essentially learning English on set, explaining to the Americans what the American dream is because he can see it more clearly than we do? Simply fabulous and then to top that off he directed "Ultimo bacio L' ", The last kiss, in Italy/Italian. I have not seen yet, but will and have been planing on it since seeing the American version of The Last Kiss which was based on it and was phenomenal. I would love to work with him as well. It's all very intertwined.

I've already gushed about Black Snake Moan but then to follow that with Volver, well I have to tell you it's been a banner weekend and then tomorrow I get to be a short film that came by me in quite a magical way. The stars are lining up and to be so inspired by these beautiful movies, with fantastic writers, directors, actors and producers and the level of commitment and respect everyone seemed to have for one another it just, well it warms the heart. This is the work I am gearing for this is the work I am on the road to doing and I am inflamed.

No comments:

Personal blogs Top Blogs More blogs about {URL}.
Add to Technorati Favorites